What to expect?
Initial consultation consists of:
• Detailed medical history, assessment, treatment, discussion of findings and treatment plan.
• Length of appointment is approximately 60-75 min.
• If you have MRI, x-ray, ultrasound, or lab findings it is helpful but not necessary to bring those along to help with the ‘whole’ picture
What to wear?
• Comfortable lose fitting clothes that allow freedom of movement
Is it covered by 3rd party insurance?
• Most private insurance plans do have an allotment for osteopathy.
• Not Covered by Alberta Health Care
• It is the responsibility of the patient to check with their provider to ensure osteopathy coverage and associations covered.
Follow up treatments
• Depending on severity of the issue can be anywhere from 45 – 90 min depending on clinical findings and complexity
• There can be at least 4-8 treatments over a 2-3 month period in order to facilitate the healing process.
What is the cost?
• Initial Assessment – $145
• Follow up anywhere from $85-$155. Time dependent.
Can children and youths receive osteopathy?
• Treatment time will vary dependent upon age of child and issue found
• Cost: Under 12 yrs. of age, $55 and up.