Katica is a registered massage therapist with 3000 hours of training from the Advanced Clinical Massage Therapy program at Makami College. Started working in massage as a massage student, since December 2016.
Before being a massage therapist, Katica finished other schools in Europe: Veterinary Technician school, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (was a DVM for number of years, and also was teaching practice and theoretical subjects in school for veterinary technicians) and Nursing College, but neither of these diplomas were accepted in Canada, so she studied again – first Health Care Aide program and worked as HCA (in nursing homes), then Massage Therapy College.
As massage therapist, she adjusts massage treatments to each client according to one’s conditions and needs by combining various techniques such as Swedish, deep tissue, myofascial release and dynamic cupping, various therapeutic massage techniques, lymphatic drainage, joint mobilization, pre- and post-pregnancy massage, stretching and strengthening. She helps clients with various injuries and conditions: MVA, injuries of different muscles in the neck, shoulders, back, glutes, arms, legs, feet; TMJ disorder, and many other issues.
She has a keen interest in learning new modalities and techniques to improve her knowledge and treatments for her clients.
In her private time, she enjoys many other activities, including walking in parks and hiking in mountains, volunteering at AARCS (animal shelter) and Calgary Zoo, cares for lots of her plants and her cat (animal, plant and nature lover), loves photography of nature, animals and plants, improving knowledge about multiple topics of interest etc.
- Veterinary Technician diploma – 1987 in Europe
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine – 1997, Europe
- Nursing College – 2010, Europe
- Health Care Aide program, Robertson College – 2013, Calgary
- Massage Therapy College (Makami College) – 2017, Calgary
Courses and seminars:
- Integrated Manual Therapy and Orthopedic Massage for the Lower Body, Dec. 2016
- Intraoral TMJ with Precision, Part 1, March 2017
- Advanced Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries (Cyriax Frictions), March 2017
- Difficult Conditions of the Shoulder Region, 3 parts, May 2017
- Rapid NeuroFascial Reset Lower Body, March 2019
- Rapid NeuroFascial Reset Upper Body, May 2019
- Concussion: prevention, detection and management, June 2019
- Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage, May 2020
- Acupressure and Meridian Massage, August 2021
Being in a customer-centric industry, we work single-mindedly with the vision of being the leader of healthcare providers across all ages and social structure such that we are synonymous as the ultimate health care choice for all.
We seek to improve constantly and are working to get the best technology and the best of talent to foster excellence in patient care and treatment.
I had a glorious 90 mins with Trish. I highly recommend the Detox Massage and think everyone should get that done 2-3 times a year. Love The Relaxing Wellness Company! Everyone is professional and very good at what they do. Love the spa like decor and it's always so clean! I would give it 5 stars!Roxie
The Relaxing Wellness Center has been a great find for myself and my family. I work out rigorously 6 days a week. Their knowledge and technique for massage and cupping has helped my body change and grow tremendously in under a year!Lisa Logan