FST: Helps Reduce Stress and Pain, Improve ROM and Performance
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙁𝙖𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙘𝙝 𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙥𝙮??
Put in the simplest terms, FST is a table-based, assisted stretching system, though it is so much more than that.
Unlike most stretching protocols, (done by ourselves, or by professionals), FST focuses on specific principles to regulate the nervous system and aid the muscles, fascia, joints and nerves to return to a state of optimal function.
𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻: every stretch a therapist performs will be done with traction to create space in the joint to allow a greater 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻–𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 range of motion.
𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵: FST is performed with great focus on moving with the breath to help bring the body back into a 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘀𝘆𝗺𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗰 state. This decreases stress and further helps the body relax out of tension. When the body feels safe, things relax.
𝗣𝗡𝗙: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation, put into the simplest terms: this therapeutic technique targets the proprioceptors and the nervous system to reduce anxiety and overstimulation of specific muscles.
𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲: FST practitioners rely on dynamic, fluid motions and joint oscillations to allow the nervous system to find a place of safety so that the body can stop subconsciously (or consciously) guarding.
𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻–𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲: Aside from a few deep stretches, FST should always be completely pain free. I ensure my clients stay at, or below a 6/10 on the perceived pain scale, if you can’t breathe through a stretch, then we are only ramping up the nervous system. It isn’t possible for the body to feel safe to let go, while in a state of pain.
Who has tried our FST? 𝗦𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀!
Want to try FST?
Benefits of FST (Fascial Stretch Therapy)
- Improved posture and functional ability to do what you couldn’t do before
- Reduces and/or can eliminate pain
- Restoration of normal joint space – youthful movement!
- Increases sports performance
- Reduces the risk of injuries
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns, and re-organizes your fascia
- Pain-free assisted stretching
- Increases joint space
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation and relaxation
- Improves flexibility on the first session and becomes cumulative with multiple sessions
- We teach you how to maintain optimal fascial flexibility after we identify and eliminate the problems.
Want to try FST?