Am I a good candidate for body contouring?
If you have stubborn pockets of fat in your abdomen, back, submental area (double chin), flanks, or thighs, a non-surgical alternative could be the best option for you!
SculpSure and CoolSculpting are the leading non-invasive body contouring treatments that reduce stubborn fat without surgery or downtime. Countless people have chosen one of these fat reduction treatments as a non-surgical alternative to liposuction to address the unwanted body and chin fat and other bulges that resist diet and exercise.
While both CoolSculpting and SculpSure are safe, effective, and approved by Health Canada, they use different modalities, have varying costs, treatment times, and sometimes outcomes.
How does it work?
Both treatments rely on the body’s lymphatic system to gather the damaged fat cells and process them out of the body in the form of waste. This means that both treatments’ results appear over 8 to 16 weeks, though individual experiences may vary. At Relaxing Wellness, we’ve seen our patients start seeing results in 3 weeks.
What are the different types of body contouring treatments?
Both treatments induce lipolysis (the destruction and removal of fat cells.) However, SculpSure and CoolSculpting use different mechanisms to eliminate those fat cells:
CoolSculpting uses precisely controlled cooling to freeze fat cells to death, removing fat cells directly where an applicator is applied.
SculpSure uses advanced laser technology to melt fat cells away, heat spreads beyond the applicators (up to 20%) and allows fat to melt in a more natural-looking way.
Why should I choose SculpSure instead of CoolSculpting?
- It is usually more affordable per treatment than CoolSculpting.
- You can get up to four different areas treated at one time. CoolSculpting can only treat one area at a time – leading to more treatments, time, and cost.
- SculpSure treatments take less time. SculpSure is 25 minutes in duration, CoolSculpting is about 45 minutes.
- SculpSure’s advanced technology means that after 25 minutes, you are ready to go back to your day. CoolSculpting requires an intensive massage around the treatment area; a full appointment at a clinic can be up to 2 hours.
- SculpSure’s advanced flat applicators rest on the selected treatment areas and leave some temporary redness. CoolSculpting uses a suction applicator, causing side effects such as tenderness, redness, bruising, and swelling.
- SculpSure’s Flat applicators also make for a painless treatment. Patients typically feel a warming sensation followed by a cool feeling during treatment. SculpSure treatments at The Relaxing Wellness include complimentary hand and foot massages during your 25-minute treatment ensuring that you are left feeling pampered and refreshed. CoolSculpting can be painful for many patients who do not like the discomfort of the extreme cooling sensation.
- SculpSure requires no recovery, and patients can return to their normal activities immediately after their laser fat reduction treatment. CoolSculpting side effects can persist for up to 2 weeks following the fat freezing treatment.
It is up to you to decide whether or not Coolsculpting or SculpSure is right for you. At Relaxing Wellness, we care about all our clients and offer a full consultation for SculpSure to see if it is right for you.
At Relaxing Wellness, we stand out from the rest offering complimentary massage and pampering during treatments.